To reserve a vehicle
Please have the following information when you are ready to make a reservation:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Type of car
- Pickup date & time
- Return date & time
- Credit card details:
- Card number (16- or 15-digit)
- Expiration date (mm/yy)
- Security code (cvv, cv2, csc)
- Billing zip code (5-digit)
- Also, provide your address if you would like us to pick you up.
To make the reservation, contact us by phone or text: 515-635-1599 or by email. Note: Phone calls are answered 24/7. If you contact us by email or text message, it may take up to 24 hours for us to reply.
When you pick up the car, you will need to fill out and sign a rental agreement. You can read through (and even fill out) the agreement prior to getting the vehicle.
Cancellation fee: If you reserve a car and subsequently cancel that reservation, you will be charged for one day's rental, even though you never used the car. For example, if you reserve a compact car one day and then cancel the reservation the next day, you will be charged $35 for the cancellation.
- A valid driver's license. (Every person who will drive the car must provide license information.)
- A credit card. If you want to use a debit card (as indicated by the words "Debit", "Check card", "EFS", or "Prepaid") or cash, a $200 security deposit will be added at the time of rental. The deposit will be refunded when the car is returned in good condition with the gas tank full. It may take up to two business days for the refund to be credited back to your account.
- Auto insurance. Insurance coverage is required. You can use your own automotive insurance to cover potential liability and costs for repairs in the case of an accident -- check with your insurance company. Many credit card companies provide insurance for rental cars -- check with your credit card provider. If you do not have your own insurance, Ames Auto Rentals offers a collision damage waiver for an additional fee.